Ayushman Bharat Yojana or the National Health Protection Scheme was announced by the central government in 2018 budget. The health initiative is aimed at providing health insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 Lakh per year to vulnerable families. The central government under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana will cover about 100 million (10 Crore) poor bpl families (Approximately 50 Crore Citizens) from across the country.
National Health Protection Scheme under the Ayushman Bharat Programme will provide secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. The complete cost of the scheme implementation including the insurance premium will be borne by the central and state governments.
In another initiative under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, the central government would open 1.5 Lakh health and wellness centers across the country to bring health services closer to people. These health and wellness centers will provide basic diagnostic services and essential drugs for free.
Ayushman Bharat Online Applications / Registrations 2018
Ayushman Bharat Scheme has been started with the launch of health and wellness centers by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14th April 2018. However, it is still not clear how the beneficiary families will be registered under the programme or what will be the actual eligibility criteria for the selection of beneficiary families.
Till date, there is yet no official notification regarding the online registration / applications for Ayushman Bharat Yojana. However, after the cabinet meeting held last month in which it gives approval for Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM), it is expected that the applications will start soon.
Apply Online for Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Since the government is pushing digital delivery of its services like never before, it is likely vulnerable families may be invited to register / apply online for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. However, there is no official website / link available where online registrations / applications can be made or even the details are available.
NOTE: As soon as the information about Ayushman Bharat Online Application is available, we’ll update it here.
Ayushman Bharat Application Form Download
The applications for the health insurance scheme can also be invited through the offline mode at health centers across the country. The format of the registration / application form might be available to view and download very soon.
Ayushman Bharat Application Form Download Link: Will be Updated Soon
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility Criteria / Beneficiary Selection
The eligibility criteria of Ayushman Bharat Yojana is solely based on the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data covering both rural and urban areas across the country. The total number of the beneficiary families would be about 10.74 Crore consisting of deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers’ families.
However, if the criteria of exclusion / inclusion / deprivation / occupation in SECC data is changed in future, the scheme will take into account all the changes and the beneficiary families will be included / excluded on the basis of same changed criteria. See Ayushman Bharat Yojana List of Beneficiaries
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Coverage / Implementation
The National Health Protection Scheme / Mission under the Ayushman Bharat scheme will be implemented in all the states and union territories to cover all the targeted beneficiary families across the country. The programme will be implemented by the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Agency (AB-NHPMA) under the supervision of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
State Health Agency (SHA), newly formed or formed using an existing trust / society / no-profit company / state nodal agency would be responsible for the implementation of the scheme in respective state & UT’s.
List of Hospitals
The cashless benefits of treatment under the scheme would be available in all the government hospitals and empaneled private hospitals except the negative list across the country.
हिंदी में पढ़ें: आयुष्मान भारत योजना की पूरी जानकारी
Ayushman Bharat Programme – Salient Features
Below are some of the main / salient features of Ayushman Bharat Programme
- National Health Protection Mission and Health & Wellness Centers are the two major initiatives started under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- National Health Protection Mission will provide insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 Lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- 1.5 Lakh health and wellness centers would be started in health centers / hospitals across the country. More than 18 thousands already in operation.
- About 10 Crore deprived rural and urban families (About 40% of the total population of the country) to be covered under the health insurance coverage scheme.
- The selection of beneficiaries to be done on the basis of SECC data.
- There will be no restriction on the size of the covered beneficiary family.
- The scheme will lead to timely treatment of the patient and increase in overall patient satisfaction. Overall efficiency and productivity of health care services will be improved thus improving the quality of life.
- The premium of the insurance coverage will be completely borne by the central and state governments based on the ration defined by the Ministry of Finance.
- State Health Agency (SHA) would be the responsible body for the implementation of the scheme in states.
- The cost of the treatments would be defined by the government in the advance as packages to control the cost.
- The benefits of the scheme would be portable across the country, meaning, a beneficiary can avail the cashless treatment at any government or empaneled private hospital in the country.
- To enable the paperless & cashless transaction, central government would establish a robust, modular, scalable and interoperable IT platform in partnership with NITI Aayog.
- Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
Quick Facts & Information about Ayushman Bharat
|Data Point||Fact / Information|
|Name of Scheme / Initiative||Ayushman Bharat Scheme|
|Launched||14th April, 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Initiatives Under the Scheme||1. National Health Protection Mission
2. Health & Wellness Centers
|Implementing Authority||Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Agency (AB-NHPMA) under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Scheme Coverage||All states and Union Territories|
|Budget Allocation||Rs. 1200 Crore in 2018-19 Union Budget|
|1. National Health Protection Mission|
|No. of Beneficiaries||More than 10 Crore Families Under National Health Protection Mission Initiative|
|Benefits||Health insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 Lakh per annum per family for secondary & tertiary care hospitalization|
|Selection of Beneficiaries||Deprived rural & identified occupational category of urban workers’ families as per SECC-2011 data|
|Size of covered beneficiary family||No restriction on family size|
|Insurance premium||Entire cost of premium to be borne by central & state governments|
|Treatment avalibility||At all government & empaneled private hospitals|
|2. Health and Wellness Centers|
|What?||Health & wellness centers to provide basic health services / diagnostics & basic drugs for free.|
|Facilities||Point of care for diagnostics / hub & spoke, wellness rooms for Yoga, Physiotherapy & group meetings, separate consulting space, free drug dispensation, telemedicine facilities, storage space for drugs & consumables and waiting area for 30+ people|
|No. of centers||1.5 Lakh total number to be started, more than 18000 already in operation|
|Beneficiaries||All citizens of the country|
|More details||Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness Centers|
More details about the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission such as list of hospitals, list of beneficiaries, offline / online application or registration procedure might be available very soon.