Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an ambitious housing scheme launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The housing scheme for urban areas (PMAY – Urban) is being run and managed by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation. The government has already given approval of construction of Lakhs of houses in the country.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online application forms are being invited through the official website at pmaymis.gov.in. Interested eligible candidates can apply for PMAY-U benefits under the four components of the scheme. If the candidate is found to be eligible, he/she will be included in the list of the beneficiaries.
CLSS or Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is the component under which people below the annual household income of up to Rs. 18 Lakh can apply for availing interest subsidy on home loan.
PMAY Beneficiary List 2018
The list of beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana is however not available to download but one can verify if his/her name is present in the list of beneficiary or not. There is a simple procedure to check your name in the PMAY beneficiary list as below.
How to Check Your Name in PMAY Beneficiary List
Just go to the URL below and type at least first three letters of your name or the name of probable beneficiary. You can also type full name but be careful with the spellings.
Steps to check name in PMAY – Urban beneficiary list:
- “Search Beneficiary” link in the main menu has been removed from the website, however, the link can be accessed directly.
- Go to the official link of beneficiary search of PMAY-U at pmaymis.gov.in. The page will show up as shown below
- On the next screen, Enter the name or the first three letters of the name and click “SHOW” button.
- After clicking the “SHOW” button, a list of PMAY beneficiaries matching your name would be displayed. Now you can verify your existence in the list by matching your name against your father’s name, gender, religion, city or state name. The list will be displayed in the format as shown below.
- You can view the complete details by clicking the beneficiary name and then entering your mobile number and verifying it with the OTP.
The list of beneficiaries is being prepared using the SECC-2011 data. You can also click the name of the beneficiary to view the family member details, if available. For details, visit Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2018
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, the central government is providing financial assistance to the eligible homeless candidates in urban areas. Target is to provide houses to about 2 crore families by the year 2022.