Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an ambitious housing scheme launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The housing scheme for urban areas (PMAY – Urban) is being run and managed by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation. The government has already given approval of construction of Lakhs of houses in the country.
PMAY Beneficiary List
The list of beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana is however not available to download but one can verify if his/her name is present in the list of beneficiary or not. There is a simple procedure to check your name in the PMAY beneficiary list as below.
How to Check Your Name in PMAY Beneficiary List
Just go to the URL below and type at least first three letters of your name or the name of probable beneficiary. You can also type full name but be careful with the spellings.
Steps to check name in PMAY – Urban beneficiary list:
- Go to the official website of PMAY-U at http://pmaymis.gov.in
- Take your mouse over the “Search Beneficiary” link in the main menu and click on “Search by Name” link in the dropdown menu.
- On the next screen, Enter the name and click “SHOW” button.
- After clicking the “SHOW” button, a list of PMAY beneficiaries matching your name would be displayed. Now you can verify your existence in the list by matching your name against your father’s name, gender, religion, city or state name.
- You can view the complete details by clicking the beneficiary name and then entering your mobile number and verifying it with the OTP.
The list of beneficiaries is being prepared using the SECC-2011 data. You can also click the name of the beneficiary to view the family member details, if available.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, the central government is providing financial assistance to the eligible homeless candidates in urban areas. Target is to provide houses to about 2 crore families by the year 2022.