Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Central government has launched National E-Mobility Programme to procure 10,000 more electric vehicles. Accordingly, this e mobility program in India will reduce the dependence on petrol an diesel vehicles and thus will reduce pollution. This national electronic mission for e mobility in India will save around 5 crore litres of fuel per year. Moreover, national mission for electric mobility will reduce CO2 emission to an extent of 5.6 lakh tonnes.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) will implement national electric mobility mission plan to meet demand by procuring electric vehicles in bulk. In the last fiscal year, EESL has procured 10,000 e-vehicles and this year also, EESL will soon issue new tenders for the purchase of 10,000 more electric vehicles. Subsequently, this procurement process will boost economies of sale.
Central govt. will provide momentum to e mobility ecosystem in India which includes vehicle manufacturers, charging infrastructure companies, fleet operators, service providers etc. Moreover, national electric mobility mission plan will also reduce the expensive petroleum imports.
National E-Mobility Programme – Details
The important features and highlights of this new e mobility in India Program are as follows:-
- This new tender of 10,000 e-vehicles is beneficial for both economy and environment.
- Accordingly, per kilometer (Km.) cost of an electric car is just Rs. 0.85 under national electric mobility mission plan while this is Rs. 6.5 for a normal petrol or diesel car.
- Subsequently, motto of national electronic mission is “Healthier World, Healthier Country”.
- Central govt. is focusing on creating an appropriate charging infrastructure and policy framework. The primary objective Of National E-Mobility Programme is to ensure that more than 30% of vehicles in India are electric vehicles till FY 2030.
- Moreover, people will not have to take license from any authority to establish charging infrastructure. In addition to this, total tariff would be less than Rs 6 under national electric mobility mission plan.
- Industries will play an important role as the “future of India is electric”. Most countries have already announced dates to phase out their diesel vehicles. For this reason, govt. is inviting industries to come and invest in manufacturing e-vehicles and batteries.
EESL installation of 50 lakh LED street lights is a massive achievement for energy efficiency on the lines of Paris Summit 2015. This in an era of clean, green and future-oriented technologies and long term goal of this program is to make a better world.
This national electronic mission program will also provide a boost to “Make in India” program. Furthermore, This National Mission for electric mobility will promote the indigenous production of electric vehicles.
About Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
EESL is a joint venture of 4 National Public Sector Enterprises – NTPC Limited, PFC, REC and Power-grid. EESL is a Super Energy Service Company (ESCO) set up under Ministry of Power, Government of India. EESL’s mission is to streamline energy efficiency on the principle of more efficiency, more innovation. Moreover, EESL will create market access for efficient and future ready trans-formative solutions to benefit every stakeholder.
Till now, EESL has distributed around 29 crore LED bulbs and installed 50 lakh LED streetlights across the country. EESL works on self sustainable commercial models and is now exploiting new opportunities in abroad for its diversification. Furthermore, EESL has become operational in United Kingdom, South Asia and South-East Asia. The official website of EESL – eeslindia.org