MP Fisheries Federation Working Committee in its meeting has approved the launch of Nishadraj Scholarship Scheme. This scheme is for the children of fishermen who wants to pursue education. Under this scheme, Madhya Pradesh govt. will provide scholarship of up to Rs. 20,000 to all girls / boys of fishermen community for higher studies.
The most striking feature of this scholarship scheme is that students can avail this scholarship along with other scholarship schemes. Accordingly, this scheme will promote technical education and will thus lead to the development of fishermen community.
The primary focus of this scheme is to reduce the drop-out rates in the schools and to provide quality education.
Nishadraj Scholarship Scheme (NSS)
The important features and highlights of this scholarship scheme are as follows:-
- This scheme is for the welfare of fishermen community and therefore NSS is only applicable to the children of fishermen.
- Under this scheme, all the girl / boys students up to secondary level will get financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per annum for general subjects.
- In addition to this, all graduate students will get financial grant of Rs. 20,000 per annum to continue their studies for technical subjects.
- The primary objective of Nishadraj Scholarship Scheme is to promote higher education and to benefit outstanding students of fishermen community.
- Previously children of fishermen who were availing benefits of other scholarship schemes were not eligible for this scheme.
- All such students can avail the financial assistance from other schemes with this scholarship also as there is no restriction of such type.
In meeting of the M.P Fisheries Federation Working Committee, certain other welfare decisions were taken. This includes Employees Provident Fund Scheme for labourers in Fishermen Federation.
A total 24% including 12% contribution of employee which is deducted from the salary of the labourers working in the Federation and 12% employer’s / federation contribution will get deposited in the Employees Provident Fund Account.