The state government of Punjab will soon launch “Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017”, an ambitious free housing scheme for the SC/BC families across the state. The aim of the new housing scheme is to provide free home facilities to eligible candidates from SC/ST/BC communities in urban areas in the state.
According to the official data, total population of Punjab is 2.77 crore, out of this 37.49% live in urban areas. By 2041, more than 50% of the state’s population is anticipated to be living in urban areas so it has become necessary to provide affordable housing for urban poor in the state.
The Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017 will benefit poor families and provide free houses to SC/BC urban families for living. Under the scheme, the administration will properly take care of the scheme implementation so that only the right and deserving citizen get benefit under housing scheme.
Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017 – Highlights
- The state government will provide loan facilities at low rates for lower income groups having annual income less than Rs. 6 lakh.
- Middle Income group also having income less than Rs. 18 lakh will be eligible for loan facility.
- Eligible candidates (Maximum Annual Income Rs. 3 lakh) will not be charged for following services:
– Stamp Duty
– Other Cess
– Social Infrastructure Funds
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017
- Applicant must be belong to SC/BC families residing in urban areas of Punjab.
- Having family annual income less than Rs. 3 lac per annum will be given free houses in the first phase.
- In second phase, households having income less than Rs. 5 lac per annum will be given houses under the scheme.
Under this scheme, the consent of the concerned department with the state level sanctioning and monitoring committee (SLSMC) will be authorized to take decision to utilize the land through Local Government department (Urban Local Bodies)/Housing & Urban Development department (development authorities) in their respective jurisdiction.