The honorable Governor of UT Chandigarh has launched an online RTI Portal to facilitate timely response to citizens requests of various government authorities. Subsequently, Chandigarh is the first union territory to get registered on the Online RTI Portal of Central government. Accordingly, citizens can now file RTI to seek information of any govt. department including PM office and cabinet secretariat. Interested candidates can file RTI through the official website rtionline.gov.in
Now candidates can file RTI from home under the provisions of Right to Information Act, 2005. The citizens will not have to roam here and there to seek information. Moreover, RTI can be filed for any govt. authority and department of Chandigarh Administration within the Union Territory.
Online RTI filing Procedure on RTI Portal
The complete procedure to file RTI has been specified below:-
- Candidates can access the online RTI portal through the official website rtionline.gov.in
- Afterwards, candidates can click the “Sign Up Here” link on the homepage to make fresh registration or can directly click this link
- Then candidates can fill the Registration Form which appears as below:-
- Here candidates have to fill all the necessary details accurately to get themselves registered.
- Finally candidates have to make Login on the homepage to file RTI under the provisions of RTI Act,2005.
Highlights of Online RTI Portal
- There are a total no. of 2149 public authorities present at this portal.
- Candidates can gather information about any department by filing RTI through this portal whose list can be accessed through the link – List of Public Authorities
- Subsequently in this list, candidates can see the “UT Chandigarh” tab at the bottom to file RTI for departments in Chandigarh as shown below:-
- Accordingly there are above 70 departments and offices (authorities) for Chandigarh region.
- Citizens can see the name of these authorities by clicking “+” button in front of UT Chandigarh tab. These authorities include Agricultural department, Cooperative Societies, CHB, Excise & Taxation etc.
- Henceforth, candidates can make online payment through debit and credit card and SBI netbanking.
- Furthermore, candidates belonging to the BPL categories will not have to pay any fees.
This portal will result in welfare of the general public as it will provide timely information about various policies and actions. Subsequently, RTI is as an essential component of democracy which gives power to the weaker sections. RTI will help in promoting good governance through ensuring transparency, accountability, predictability and participation.