Ministry of Human Resource Development, Central govt. will invite online application forms for the Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Programme. Under this summer internship, all the students are required to adopt 1 or more villages and conduct activities of their own choice and mark their contribution in the cause of rural sanitation across the country as per MHRD guidelines. Interested candidates will have to make online application from 25 April 2018 at sbsi.mygov.in
The total duration of internship will be around 100 hours and will be organized from 1 May 2018 to 31 July 2018. Only the registered students at higher education institutions can apply online. The parent institution will provide essential logistics for the activities.
Latest Update – Last Date for Application of Summer Bharat Internship is now extended till 15 June 2018.
This internship is also applicable for 2 academic credits like an optional (elective) paper under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
Swachh Bharat Summer Internship – Features
MHRD gudelines specifies that each intern must adopt 1 or more village for the conduct of activities as per their choice for rural sanitation. The important features and highlights of Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Programme are as follows:-
- Only the students from higher education institutes can apply online at new portal sbsi.mygov.in
- New portal will launch on 25 April 2018. The total internship duration is 100 hours and will get conducted between 1 May 2018 to 31 July 2018.
- As per the directions of MHRD, each institution must appoint an officer to provide guidance to trainee throughout their training duration.
- The activities which a student must perform in villages includes shramdaan, building of sanitation infrastructure, system building, behaviour change campaigns and IEC initiatives in villages for rural sanitation.
- Each selected intern must submit an application in the prescribed format through the supervisor within 15 days of field work. Department of Higher Education is co-partner in framing the guidelines for internship.
- Govt. will recognize the best internships at the college, university, state and national levels. Every trainee will also get a certificate of internship under Swachh Bharat Mission.
- UGC will also provide 2 credit points as “elective” under CBCS for students studying in Higher Educational institutions and completing SBSI.
All the interested and eligible candidates needs to make registration for this internship at a new dedicated portal sbsi.mygov.in.