Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan or Yojana is a new initiative of the Narendra Modi Government launched on June 9, 2016. The scheme has been launched with the objective of boosting the health care facilities for the pregnant women, especially the poor.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, the pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment for free on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women to avail in all Government hospitals across the country.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
Normally, when a women gets pregnant, she suffers from various kinds of diseases and health issues such as blood pressure, high sugar and hormonal diseases. The scheme thus will provide free checkup to the pregnant women assuring their good health and birth of a healthy child.
Below are some of the main objectives of the scheme.
– Provide a healthy life to the pregnant women.
– Lowering the maternity mortality rate.
– Making pregnant women aware of their health issues/diseases.
– Making sure safe delivery and healthy life of the baby
Main features of Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
- The scheme is applicable only for the pregnant women.
- The free checkup will take place on 9th of every month.
- All kinds of medical checkups under this scheme will be completely free.
- Tests will took place at the medical centers, government and private hospitals and private clinics across the country.
- Women will be marked differently based on their health problems so that doctors can easily detect the problem.
The scheme is applicable only to the women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months. The women who are not fromm urban areas and belong to semi urban, poor and rural areas will be given preferences under the Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan.
About the scheme
Under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, several tests including blood pressure, sugar level, weight, haemoglobin test, blood test and screening will be done at the medical centers. The doctors will use different colors of stickers on the health cards of the pregnant women as follows:
|Sticker Color||Types of diseases|
|Green Sticker||Women with no risk factor detected|
|Red Sticker||Women with high risk pregnancy|
Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan is really a great initiative and will certainly help pregnant women from backward classes, rural areas and uneducated in remaining healthy throughout their pregnancy.
PM also urges doctors and medical professionals working in private healthcare sector to participate in the scheme and give 12 days of free services per year to poor pregnant women.
How to Join Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
Any private or retired doctor, medical organization, hospitals can join the PMSMA by going to the official website at the link below
More Details about PMSMA can be found on the official website at https://pmsma.nhp.gov.in